TP-Link Wi-Fi router setup
TP-Link is one of the most refined and technology-oriented brand in producing networking related equipment. TP-Link deals in the production of routers, modems, range repeaters, and other necessary networking hardware. Founded in 1996, TP-Link has been ranked number 1 by several reputed surveying organizations. TP-Link has been providing some reliable networking devices to almost 120 countries of the world.
What do you need to know about TP-Link devices?
- Tp-Link networking devices are very reliable to use.
- The TP-Link wireless routers are quite simple to configure.
- TP-link routers are much self-efficient but in some odd cases, you might need a range extender to amplify the existing wireless signal connectivity.
What is tplinkwifi.net?
The customized web domain www.tplinkwifi.net was developed solely for the convenience of the users. As we know the TP-Link users had to face a bit of trouble while logging in to the admin setup page of the TP-link router. The TP-Link router or modem login page can also be accessed through its default login IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
The configuration of the TP-Link device through tplinkwifi.net
The TP-link wireless routers need to be configured before they can be used in a wireless network. The configuration of the TP-link wireless networking devices is of much importance as without the basic prior configuration, the router will not respond to the networking and other commands from the user.
There are basically three ways of getting your router connected to the computer system. These three ways of connection are listed below.
- WPS connection
- Ethernet cable connection
- Connection over Wi-Fi
Here, in this section let us show you how you can easily set up and configure your TP-Link router through a wired Ethernet connection in some few easy steps. Read the instructions mentioned below carefully.
- Primarily the user is required to unpack or unbox the router and its supporting contents carefully.
- Now assemble all the essential components of the router like the Ethernet cable, power supply adapter etc.
- Connect the modem to the internet port of the router by inserting the Ethernet cable of the RJ45 standard.
- Similarly, connect your computer system to the router in one of the few available LAN ports of the router with another Ethernet cord.
- Now switch on all the assembled set of systems and wait for the devices to wake up and you will see the LED lights on the indicator panel getting stable.
- Open the web browser preferably internet explorer or Google Chrome and enter this web address www.tplinkwifi.net in the URL bar of the browser.
- Enter the required default username and password when asked to. The default value for both these credentials is “admin”. This value is case sensitive though.
- Once you have accessed the home page of the TP-Link router setup, several options like settings, WLAN, LAN etc. will be there, just click the Internet and settings tab.
- Then select the proper connection type i.e. PPPoE, and fill in all the required details like the username and the password provided to you by your Internet service providers.
Click save and apply the changes tab and then you will be asked to reboot the router instantly. Then click the reboot now tab to make your router restart.
What do you need to know about TP-Link router setup?
Make sure that the router reboot at the end isn’t interrupted in any case as it can lead to the router firmware corruption or even the router can be rendered useless. Always try to use a reliable power supply connection so that the setup process isn’t halted in between the process.
Updating the firmware of the TP-Link wireless router
The TP-Link wireless routers are although the high-end networking devices but still in some of the odd cases, the router might function improperly due to some of the inevitable reasons listed below.
- Inappropriate power supply to the device
- Overheating due to the over and continuous usage of the routerNow, in either of the above-mentioned scenarios, you can change rectify these issues by simply getting into the router firmware and upgrading it. Upgrading the TP-Link router firmware is not that tough task. You just simply need to download the firmware update version file on your PC and upload on the router by accessing its configuration page. Below are some of the easy steps through which even a beginner can easily update the firmware.
- First of all, visit the official authentic website of TP-Link i.e. www.tplink.com and then head straight towards its support section at www.tplink.com/support.
- Now, in the downloads section of the sitemap, quote in your TP-Link router’s exact model number so that the proper update is downloaded.
- Now, comes the turn of accessing the TP-Link router’s web setup page for performing this entire update task.
- Open the web browser again and quote the custom web domain www.tplinkwifi.net or the router’s default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Authenticate your access with a default username and password or the customized one.
- Now, upon entering into the router’s home setup page, look out and click on the system settings>router firmware tab.
- Then click on the update tab and a browse file or select file button will be displayed right next to the update button. Click the browse button and specify the location of the firmware update file in the PC.
- Select and open that downloaded file to trigger the upload process and rest of the job will be automated. Just make sure the router’s power supply or any other essentials aren’t interrupted in any case.
- Your router is now equipped with the latest and updated version of the firmware and experiences the lightning fast hassle free networking experience with TP-Link.
Key facts about the TP-Link firmware update
There are several measures to be taken while updating the firmware of the TP-Link router.
- It is advised to use an Ethernet cable connection between the devices i.e. computer and the router.
- Also, the power supply to which the router is connected should be reliable and it should not be interrupted in any case.
- The restart at the end of the whole process should not be hurdled as it can result in the router’s malfunctioning or the router can be even rendered useless.
TP-link router setup and installation guide
Tp-Link has been one of the best and reliable networking hardware providers in the world for its potential and existing customers. There are very few brands in the market that can compete with TP-Link in terms of providing some of the networking devices like routers and modems as well as some other networking hardware like range repeaters and access switch points etc. All these high-end networking devices from TP-Link needs to be configured accordingly with the required settings without which the router, as well as modem, are almost useless as these devices will not render any of their service for which they are built.
TP-Link router setup via tplinkwifi.net
For undergoing the whole guide about setting up the TP-Link router through their dedicated web address www.tplinkwifi.net, you will primarily need to understand what www.tplinkwifi.net is. This custom web address from TP-Link is the main web link source or web domain for the users through which they can access the login page of the router setup.
The users once log into their device’s setup page can easily configure and start using the router within minutes of time, just read the instruction set carefully so that it can be set up in few minutes and some easy steps.
Below are some of the easy steps that you need to follow in order to get your TP-Link Wi-Fi router in working mode and experience its extravagant lightning fast network speed.
- Initially, unbox all the router components like the router itself, Ethernet cables, power supply adapter etc. and assemble all these components accordingly and properly.
- Connect the modem to the router in the WAN port and computer system to one of the LAN ports of the router with another LAN cable.
- Now, what you need to do is switch on the power supply of the whole assembly that includes all these components and wait for few seconds until the networking device gets stable.
- Open the web browser and input the web link www.tplinkwifi.net in the URL bar and enter the login username and password into the required fields. The login details credentials are case sensitive in nature.
- Now, set up the internet connection in the Internet and WAN section under which you will need to select the connection type that you want to use.
- Now, again fill in all the other details like the username and password etc. which are required for a successful internet connection setup and these details will be provided by your Internet service providers.
Tp-link router login steps
If you are going to set up and configure your Tp-link router, following are some of the easy to link router login steps that will be of great help to you.
- Unpack the router component box and assemble all the important accessories of the router like the Ethernet cables and power adapter etc.
- Now, connect the modem and the computer system to the router device with the help of the Ethernet/LAN cables.
- Now, switch on the power supply of the networking equipment and wait for a while until the indicator LEDs on the front panel turn solid green or amber.
- Open the web browser and type in the web address www.tplinkwifi.net in the URL bar of the browser and hit the enter key.
- Authorize your login with a username and password for which the default assigned values are “admin” for both the cases.
In this way, the Tp-link router login can be done easily and quickly.
Tp-link router settings-all features
The TP-link router setting is referred to as the basic configuration and setup process through which all the major and minor operations on the Tp-Link router can be done.
Some of the main features of the TP-link router settings are listed below.
- The users can configure their TP-link router to get it working in a few minutes of time and steps.
- The TP-link router settings can be done also for upgrading the firmware of the router.
- The users can also reset their router through these tp link router settings which imply to the accession of the setup page through this web link www.tplinkwifi.net.
TP-link router password change/reset
The users of this TP-Link networking hardware need not to panic if they have forgotten the router login password as Tp-link has made proper arrangement in the home page of the router setup portal.
Resetting the Tp-link router password
- Open the web browser of your PC and enter the web link www.tplinkwifi.net or the default IP of the router.
- Authorize the access with a username and password that you have set earlier.
- Now head straight towards the Wireless security tab and click it. You will be asked to provide the old password and then enter the new password. Confirm the new password by entering it again and your router is all set with a new set of login password.
How to manually update the firmware on the tplink router?
The TP-link wireless router is one of the most sophisticated networking devices. These devices from TP-Link are already very efficient in delivering their services, but however, in some odd cases where some improper manual interference with the router has been done, the router can start malfunctioning or even stop responding without any prior indications. Also, the routers can start improper functioning after a certain period of time. Then you will need to update the firmware of your router as soon as possible.
Below are some of the steps described that you need to go through so as to update the firmware of your TP-Link router, just read them carefully.
- Open the web browser of your PC and enter the link www.tplink.com/support from where you can download the firmware update file for your router device by quoting in the exact serial number or model number of your TP-Link router.
- Once you have downloaded and saved the exact update file in your computer system, open the web browser again and input the web address www.tplinkwifi.net.
- Enter default or customized login credentials for accessing the router setup page in which there are several buttons like WAN, LAN, Router firmware etc.
- Click the router firmware tab and then select the update tab. Once you have clicked the update tab, click the browse button right next to it.
- You will be required to specify the firmware update file location on your PC. Select and open this update file to get the update/upload process starting.
Note- Always try to make sure that the router firmware update or any other major/minor task on the router is effective only if the device reboots properly at the end without any interference. The reboot at the end of any process is the sole part which is responsible for getting the entire configuration written in the network memory of the device.
How to change the MTU settings on Tp-link router?
Before moving on to any kind of modification with the MTU settings, let us first understand what MTU actually is. MTU stands for Maximum transmission unit. This MTU is the largest sized packet through which the data can be transmitted in bytes excluding the fragmentation.
What is fragmentation?
Fragmentation is a very important part due to which many times, your internet and network speed can be dropped significantly. So it is advisable to keep your MTU size ideal so that fragmentation doesn’t happen. Fragmentation is the process of breaking up the packet size so that the appropriate number of bytes fit in the packet.
What do you need to do first before changing the MTU settings?
The users are always advised to contact their Internet service providers and ask them about their allotted sized of MTU e.g. if the MTU size is 1470 from the ISP end and you have set your router’s MTU setting at 1500 (by default), then the fragmentation will surely be done resulting in the networking and internet speed drop.
For changing the MTU settings on your TP-Link router, follow the crucial steps listed below.
- Open the web browser on your PC and enter this web link tpinkwifi.net in its URL bar and proceed on with entering the username and password of the router.
- Once you have accessed the router’s home setup window, go to the Network tab, then select the WAN and then select the MTU button.
- You will get to see your MTU size in that window and change the size of MTU only if your Internet service provider recommends it.
- As you know the default MTU size is set at 1500 itself in the router, you need to change it only in the case where your network’s MTU size is lesser than this default number, This size also needs to be set at that number which your ISP provides you.
Thus, in this way you can yourself change the MTU settings on your router and address the router’s network and internet speed issues within a few minutes by going through these helpful steps mentioned above.
How to fix the TP-Link router speed issues?
The TP-Link router speed issues can be due to the following reasons specified below.
- Improper connection (wired/wireless) between the router and the computer device.
- Incorrect MTU settings on the router firmware
- Improper configuration is done on the TP-Link router
The MTU settings have been mentioned in the topic above and you can go through it and correct the settings if any needed. However, if there is any hardware issue, check that all the Ethernet cables and power cords etc. are connected properly in their respective ports. The configuration settings like username and password provided by your ISP should also be checked in case of your router not delivering the Internet service.
What to do if you cannot access tplinkwifi.net address?
This is not a common sight on the browser window when you try to access the router through www.tplinkwifi.net. However, this issue can still occur due to several reasons. Let us shed some light on the possible solutions through which you can resolve this issue of not being able to access the router setup page through tplinkwifi.net.
TP-link has provided this web address www.tplinkwifi.net for the convenience of its users in logging in and configuring the router. However, this is not the only web link through which you can access the login and setup window of the router, you can get into the router login window also through the default IP address of the router i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. This default IP address redirects the user to the login page of the router through which the user can configure the router. There are several other operations that can be done through this IP address like router firmware update and router reset etc.
How can we change the Wireless settings like Wireless SSID, security etc.?
The Wireless SSIDs can be changed easily when you access the router’s setup portal through www.tplinkwifi.net or through the default IP address of the device which is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.254.
Once you have accessed the router’s home setup page, click the WLAN tab and several details regarding your wireless router will be displayed.
Click the “SSID” and edit the name of your wireless network which will be displayed as your new network name in the Wi-Fi section.